Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
This recipe uses SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK -
NOT EVAPORATED MILK
- 3 packages semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 ounce size)
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk (14 ounce size)
- Dash Salt
- 1/2 - 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- In heavy saucepan (over low heat) melt chocolate chips along with sweetened condensed milk and dash of salt - stirring occassionally to keep from scorching
- Remove from heat then stir in nuts and vanilla
- Evenly spread mixture into a wax paper-lined 8 or 9 inch square
- Chill for at least 2 hours or until firm
- Turn fudge onto cutting board, remove wax paper then cut into squares
- Store covered at room temperature
Marshmallow Chocolate Fudge - melt 2 cups miniature marshmallow with chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk then proceed with rest of recipe.
Milk Chocolate Fudge - replace one 6-ounce package of semi-sweet chocolae chips with 1 cup milk chocolate chips.
Marshmallow Milk Chocolate Fudge - replace one 6-ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips with 1 cup milk chocolate chips then add 2 cups miniature marshmallows to sweetened condensed milk.
Cinna-Mocha Chocolate Fudge - reduce vanilla to 1 teaspoon; add 1 tablespoon instant coffee and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon to sweetened condensed milk. Proceed with rest of recipe.
Butterscotch Fudge - omit vanilla and replace chocolate chips with 2 packages (12 ounce size) butterscotch flavored chips. Heat butterscotch chips in heavy saucepan with sweetened milk; remove from heat, stir in 2 tablespoons white vinegar, 1/8 teaspoon salt; 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring and 1 cup chopped nuts. Proceed with remainder of recipe.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links