Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
Egg Nog Cake with Rum Glaze
(Cake pictured had nuts placed in pan before pouring batter in. If you like nuts use 1/2 cup chopped nut of choice in bottom of pan.)
- 1 box regular yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups eggnog
- 2 tablespoon rum or 1/4 teaspoon rum flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour Bundt pan or 2 loaf pans
- Mix all cake ingredients together and beat until smooth. (About 4 minutes)
- Pour into pan(s) and bake 45 – 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- If using a tube/Bundt pan, invert cake on serving platter.
- If using loaf pans, remove the cake and replace in loaf pan top-side down.
- Prick top all over. (A bamboo skewer is good for this)
- Brush Rum Glaze all over cake allowing to soak in. Continue process until all glaze is used.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links