Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
Also known as 'pepparkakor' these cookies are spicey, dark, thin and very crisp.
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup (or molassas)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cloves
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- In medium-sized pan, combine butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, syrup (or molassas) - heat over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon, cloves, ginger. Allow to cool slightly.
- Stir baking soda into water and add to the butter mixture making sure to incorporate completely.
- Stir in flour until well blended. (Dough will be soft)
- Place dough in bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm (2-3 hours)
- On floured board, roll out a portion of dough (keep remaining dough refrigerated) to a thickness of about 1/16 inch.
- Cut out with cookie cutter (approx. 2-1/2 inches in diameter max.)
- Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until slightly darker brown and firm to touch.
- Transfer to racks and cool.
- Store in air tight container.
- These can be frosted if desired.
Note: Keep cookie cutters from sticking by dipping in flour.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links