Bookmark This Page
Mail to Friend
Sugar 'Almond' Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond
- 2-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy
- Add in eggs, vanilla and almond flavorings
- Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture blending thoroughly (this forms a soft dough)
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm (keeps up to 3 days)
- On floured board roll out dough - portion at a time - and roll to approx. 1/8 inch thickness (keep remaining dough in refrigerator)
- Cut with cookie cutters and place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until edges are slightly browned
- Transfer to rack and cool.
- Frost - Cream Cheese Frosting goes well with them.
- Do not overbake these cookies, this is easy to do.
- If you don't want to frost them, sprinkle with granulated sugar before baking.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links