Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
Tomato Basil Soup
- 4 cups (8 to 10) tomatoes, peeled, cored and chopped OR 4 cups canned whole tomatoes crushed.
- 4 cups tomato juice (OR mixture of tomato juice and vegetable juice or chicken stock)
- 12 to 14 fresh, washed basil leaves (more for garnish)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- salt to taste
- 1/4 black pepper (fresh cracked is best)
- Combine tomatoes and juice (or juice-stock mixture) in a large saucepan.
- Simmer for 30 minutes over medium-low heat
- Cool slightly, then place in blender or food processor along with the basil and puree.
- Return to saucepan and add in cream and butter.
- Stir continuously over low heat until the cream and butter are totally incorporated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with basil and serve with crusty bread.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links