Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
Fresh ingredients make canned soup taste homemade.
- 1 Can vegetable beef soup + 1 Can water
- 1 Can chicken broth
- 1/2 medium size onion chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 Cup canned tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 Cup black-eyed peas (canned)
- 1/2 Cup Bow-tie pasta
- 1-1/2 Cup coarsley chopped cabbage partially cooked
- 1 Link of your favorite sausage - cooked
- Any other leftover vegetable you might have
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Cook cabbage in the microwave for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Slice cooked sausage into bite-sized pieces and set aside. (Smoked sausage give the soup a light smokey flavor)
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan. Add in the onions, salt, pepper and cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Stir occassionally.
- Add in can of chicken broth, can of vegetable beef soup, can of water - stir until blended over medium heat.
- Add in tomatoes, black-eyed peas and pasta. Cover and cook until pasta is fork tender.
- Gently stir in partially cooked cabbage and sausage.
- Add in any other leftover cooked vegetables you might have around, i.e, corn, green beans, carrots, etc.
- Cover and let the soup simmer over low heat until everything is nicely warmed.
- Serve or allow to cool and refrigerate as this soup is even better the next day.
Reheat in the microwave or on the stove. If you find you need more broth, add in a little water - but not too much as it will dilute the flavor. If you need more than 1/2 cup of water, use chicken broth or chicken bullion mixed in with the water to help maintain the flavor.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links