Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
Apple Crisp Pie
Quick oats and brown sugar topping make this take on apple pie a delicious treat.
[This recipe is a 50% sugar free recipe
Ingredients for apple portion:
- 3-4 Cups peeled, sliced apples (Granny Smith work well)
- 2 Teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 Cup Splenda®
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- Dash cinnamon
- 1 Pillsbury Pie Crust
Ingredients for Topping:
- 2 Tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 Cup quick oats
- 1/4 Cup + 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- Dash of cinnamon
To make topping:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix using a pastry cutter, pair of knives or your hands until the texture is grainy. Set aside.
To make pie:
- Peel and thinly slice the apples into a large bowl
- Add lemon juice, Splenda®, corn starch & cinnamon
- Stir until the apples are evenly coated with the dry ingredients.
- Place the apple mixture into a lightly buttered pie plate.
- Unroll the pie crust on a floured surface and slice into 1" strips. Weave the strips across the top of the apples, taking the strips all the way to the edge (you will want to crimp the edges together later). Leave some space between the strips for venting. Continue weaving the strips until the surface is covered.
- Trim the over-hanging pie crust and crimp the ends together. Use a little water between the pieces if needed to help bind.
- Pour the topping mixture over the top and spread evenly.
- Bake in a 375° pre-heated oven for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the top is a toasty golden brown.
- Serve warm with a scoop of sugar free ice cream.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links