Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
'No Sugar Added' Baked Beans
(Make this recipe low fat by using turkey bacon; and no-stick spray in place of oil.)
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/2 Cup onion chopped
- 1-2 Tablespoons bell pepper chopped
- 5-6 Slices bacon, chopped
- 1 Can (16 oz.) 'pork'n beans' in tomato sauce
- 1 Can (16 oz.) baked beans
- 1 Can (16 oz.) red kidney beans (rinse & drain)
- 1/2 Cup tomato sauce
- 2-3 Tablespoons Splenda®' brown sugar (to taste)
- 1-2 Teaspoons liquid smoke (mesquite or hickory)
- 1/2 Teaspoon maple flavor (optional)
- Place oil (or no-stick spray) in a skillet and saute the onions and bacon.
- Continue cooking until the onions are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a 4-6 quart crockpot and cook on medium to high heat for 4 to 6 hours. (If needed, adjust heat so beans just simmer.)
- Turn off heat and stir well before serving
Optional cooking method: Pour bean mixture into a greased casserole, cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 1-1/2 to 2 hours at 300 degrees.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links