Bookmark This Page
Mail to Friend
Best-Ever Chicken Pot Pie
Make this pot pie from leftover in the fridge.
- 2 cups creamed chicken (cooked & made with Country Style Cream Gravy Mix)
- 3/4 cup bite-sized potatoes (cooked)
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 carrot cut into bite-sized pieces (cooked)
- 1/2 medium-sized onion cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup Cream of Chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup water (approximate)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pie crust (uncooked)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Grease the bottom of a 6" casserole or pie plate
- Sautee the onions in melted butter over medium heat. Cook until slightly tender.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the leftover creamed chicken, potatoes, green peas, carrot pieces, Cream of Chicken soup, and 1/2 cup water.
- Add cooked onions to the bowl with chicken mixture. Blend well.
- Add more water if needed to have a thick 'gravy' texture to the soup/water.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into greased pan.
- Cover with pie crust, sealing the edges, and cutting slits in top.
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Remove baked pot pie and brush top with butter.
Note: I don't recommend freezing leftover pot-pie, as the crust and potatoes tend to become mushy. Also, would guess the fact that the potatoes had been oven-roasted with olive oil had something to do with the wonderful flavor and texture.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links