Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
Blackberry Crisp - Half Sugar Free
Take Blackberry Cobbler to the next level with a tasty crispy topping.
[ This recipe is a 50% sugar free recipe ]
Ingredients for fruit portion:
- 4 Cups washed and cleaned blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 Teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 Cup Splenda®
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1 Pillsbury Pie Crust
Ingredients for Topping:
- 2 Tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 Cup quick oats
- 1/4 Cup + 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix using a pastry cutter, pair of knives or your hands until the texture is grainy. Set aside.
- In a bowl with the blackberries, add lemon juice, Splenda®, and corn starch
- Gently fold together until the blackberries are covered with the dry ingredients.
- Place the blackberry mixture into a buttered baking dish (approximately 8" x 11")
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll the pie crust and slice into 1" strips. Weave over the top of the filling leaving some space between the strips for venting. Continue weaving until the surface is covered.
- Pour the topping mixture over the strips and spread evenly
- Bake in a 375° pre-heated oven for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the top is a toasty golden brown.
- Serve warm with a scoop of sugar free ice cream.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links