Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
Blueberry Pie Filling
This recipe can be made half-sugarfree using Splenda®
This filling is so good, you'll want to find other ways to use it !
- 3/4 cup sugar ( can use half Splenda here, but wouldn't use all Splenda to maintain proper consistency)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 5 cups fresh blueberries (divided)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pastry shell (9 inch baked)*
* Use this filling in a pre-baked pie shell, as a filling for fried pies or as a topping for cheesecake and ice cream.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and water until smooth.
- Add 3 cups blueberries to above, bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat. Add butter, lemon juice and remaining berries.
- Stir until butter is melted.
- Pour into the pre-baked pastry shell. **
- Refrigerate until serving.
** If using later as fried pie filling or as a 'topper', keep it cool in the fridge until ready to use.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links