Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
Can't get buffalo? Use low-fat beef instead.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Lbs lean ground buffalo (omit olive oil if using beef)
- 1 Large onion (chopped)
- 1 Medium bell pepper (chopped)
- 3 Cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 Can Rotel tomatoes with peppers (regular or spicey)
- 1 - 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 - 8 oz. can water (if you like thinner chili add more water)
- 3 Teaspoons cumin
- 3 Teaspoons chili powder
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Cups pre-cooked dried pinto beans
Makes approximately 4 quarts of chili.
- In a large skillet, heat the meat and olive oil separating it with a whisk or fork into small granules.
- Add in the onion, bell pepper and garlic. Continue to cook until the meat is browned.
- Add in remaining ingredients.
- Place chili mixture in a crock pot and cook for 6-8 hours.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links