Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
Charlie's Potato Casserole
- 4 Russet potatoes thinly sliced and pre-cook in the microwave for about 8 minutes. You don't want them mushy - so depending on your microwave you may need to adjust the time here.
- 1/2 medium-sized onion, thinly slice
- 4 ounces of finely grated cheese (Mexican 4-cheeses, Cheddar or American)
- 2 tablespoons of butter cut into 8-10 thin slices
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 heaping teaspoon of corn starch
- salt, pepper - to taste
- Spray the casserole with Pam® or use an additional tablespoon of butter to coat the bottom and sides
- Begin layering the ingredients as follows ... Half of the potatoes, 1/2 sliced onions, 4-5 butter slices placed on top of onions, 1/2 of the grated cheese
- Repeat the process using the remainder of the potatoes, onions, butter and cheese
- In a bowl mix the eggs, milk, corn starch, salt, and pepper with a whisk until smooth, and then pour this evenly over the top of the casserole
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and bubbly.
Note: If you use less ingredients, i.e. potatoes, or if your casserole dish is larger - so the layers of potatoes, onions, etc. are not quite so thick - you'll need to adjust the cooking time so they don't burn.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links