Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 3 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 can (20 oz) cherry pie filling
- 1 Cool Whip®
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease and flour a 13x9 inch pan
- Follow cake mix directions - except beat in softened 3oz. cream cheese with eggs before adding to dry ingredients and butter.
- Bake recommended time on box for 13x9 inch pan
- Filling: In large bowl beat softened 8oz. cream cheese with 1-1/2 cup powdered sugar. Add enough Cool Whip® until you have a spreadable consistency (not runny). You should have about 3 cups of filling.
- Allow cake to completely cool then cut into two (2) equal pieces.
- Spread 1 cup of the cream cheese mixture on bottom half of cake; then spread all of the pie filling over cream cheese mixture.
- Top with other half of cake and then frost entire cake with remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Garnish as desired.
- Keep refrigerated.
Make this cake low fat by using low-fat cream cheese.
For sugarfree recipe visit this link.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links