Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
Favorite Chicken Casserole - 'King Ranch Style'
Everyone's Favorite - Chicken Casserole
* If you don't have chicken broth or stock, try using broth made from chicken bullion.
- 2-3 cups of cooked chicken
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper chopped
- 10 corn tortillas
- Hot chicken broth*
- 8 oz.grated Cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Garlic salt to taste (optional)
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz) cream of chicken soup (no water added)
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz) cream of mushroom soup (no water added)
- 1 can (10 oz) Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large bowl combine chicken, onion, and green pepper.
- Dip tortillas in hot broth until soft; set aside softened tortillas
- In a buttered, 3 quart, shallow casserole, alternately layer the chicken mixture with the softened tortillas. begin with chicken and end with tortillas on top.
- Top with cheese and sprinkle with chili powder.
- Pour over top of the casserole in this order: chicken soup; mushroom soup; Rotel tomatoes and chilies.
- Bake 30-45 minutes; Serves 8-10
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links