Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
'Non-Dairy' Creamed Potatoes*
- 12-16 small red potatoes washed (do not peel) (approx. 1" in diameter)
- 1-1/4 Cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoons dry creamer
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chopped chives (optional)
- Into a medium-sized sauce pan place the chicken broth, onions, butter, onions and potatoes.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until potatoes are fork tender. Add water if needed to keep the potatoes slightly covered with liquid. Remove from heat.
- When the potatoes are done, pour approximately 1/2 cup of the potato liquid into a bowl.
- Place the dry creamer and corn starch into the liquid and mix until smooth using a small whisk to avoid lumps.
- Pour this mixture into the potatoes still in the sauce pan and return to low heat. Stir continuously until the liquid has thickened and become creamy.
- Serve with chopped chives.
Note: If you cannot find the very small red potatoes use larger ones and cut into 1" size pieces.
* While no whole milk or cream is used in this recipe, some milk products may be present in any powdered creamer. Check the ingredients on the label for the powdered creamer to verify if any milk products are included.
This recipe is not recommended for anyone with any dairy or milk allergy.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links