Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
Apricot-Pear Fried Pie
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 medium size pear (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 1/4-1/3 cup water
- 1 recipe of pie dough (makes 4 fried pies)
- Put the first 6 ingredients in a small sauce pan and cook over a low heat stirring occasionally.
- Add a little extra water as needed to keep the fruit from sticking and burning.
- Cook until the dried apricots and pears are soft. (There should not be any excess water).
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Roll out the pie dough (Pillsbury pie dough-no works well) and cut into 4 sections.
- Place one-fourth of the fruit mixture on each piece of dough.
- Fold over and crimp the edges with a fork dipped in water.
- Fry the pies in pre-heated oil (medium heat) until golden brown.
- When done, carefully remove the pies and place on paper towels to drain.
Get recipe using real sugar here
Get recipe using no added sugar ... sugar free here
Note: If you don't like fried pies, double the recipe and use as a filling. Place the fruit compote into an unbaked pie shell, cover with another pie crust and bake in a 350 degree oven until done. Brush the top with a beaten egg for a rich, golden color.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links