Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
- 2 Pounds ground meat (use ground round for less fat)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup water
- 3/4 Cup Quick Oats
- 2 Tablespoons dried onion flakes
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup
- 1/2 Cup Taco sauce
- Mix together the ketchup and taco sauce and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl mix the egg, water, quick oats, onion flakes, salt and pepper until well blended
- Add in the ground meat and mix until the texture is even.
Tip: A food processor works well for blending and results a smooth textured meat loaf.
- Place the meat loaf mixture into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350° for a total time of approximately 30-40 minutes or until done.
Tip: Pre-cook the meat loaf in the microwave for 10 minutes on high. This will cut the oven bake time almost in half.
- Ten (10) minutes before removing the meat loaf from the oven, pour the ketchup-taco sauce over the top spreading it around so that the whole top is covered.
- Return the meat loaf to the oven and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links