Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (olive oil is healthy alternative)
- 1 cup of sour cream (regular or low-fat)
- 3/4 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese (divided into 2 equal portions)
- 1/4 cup milk (regular or low-fat)
- 1 can green chilies (4 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cans of golden hominy drained (15oz cans)
- In skillet heat oil over medium heat, add onions and garlic. Cook until tender and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl mix onion mixture, sour cream, half of the cheddar cheese, milk, chilies and cumin. Add hominy and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a greased 2 quart baking dish
- Bake at 350 degrees (uncovered) for approximately 30 minutes or until completely heated.
- Sprinkle with remaining portion of cheddar cheese and serve.
Option: Try sprinkling the cheddar cheese on the top the last 5 minutes of baking for a bubbly topping.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links