Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
Healthy Lemon Chicken
- 2 pounds, boneless, skinless chicken breasts (halved)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (reduced sodium)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- vegetable cooking spray
- Combine lemon juice, soy sauce, minced garlic, salt, ginger, and pepper in large zip bag or shallow glass dish (dish should be large enough to hold chicken pieces.)
- Add chicken to mixture, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. Turn once.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade.
- Spray shallow roasting pan with vegetable spray.
- Place chicken in roasting pan
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until chicken is done.
Try covering the chicken for the first 30 minutes of cooking to hold in juices, uncover for last half of cook time. Also, give the dish a little color by sprinkling the last half of cook time with about 1/2 teaspoon of paprika, or before serving, sprinkle the tops with a little chopped green onion for color.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links