Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
Lemon-y Shrimp with Pasta
- 20-24 Medium sized raw shrimp (peeled and cleaned)
- 4-5 Cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 Cup chicken broth
- 1 Teaspoon corn starch
- 1/2 Cup spinach* (frozen)
- 1/4 Cup pine nuts (optional)
* If you are using fresh spinach use approximately 1-2 Cups or to taste
Pasta - Before starting on the shrimp bring enough water to a boil in a large pot to accommodate the amount of pasta you will be cooking. Put the pasta (spaghetti, linguine, or angel hair) on to cook about 6-8 minutes before the shrimp is completed. If the pasta gets finished before you have the shrimp ready put 1 Tablespoon olive oil into it and gently stir. This will keep it from sticking together.
Serve over cooked pasta - along with toasty garlic bread and a crisp salad.
- Sauté the finely chopped garlic in the olive oil until tender being careful not to scorch or burn it.
- Add in the butter, shrimp and juice from 1/2 of the lemon.
- Cook until the shrimp are pink. Next add the 1/c cup chicken broth and spinach. Continue to cook over low heat.
Option: Very lightly brown (careful not to burn them) 1/4 cup pine nuts in a separate non-stick skillet with a scant 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add them in at the same time you add in the chicken broth and spinach keeping the mixture on low heat.
- In a separate small bowl mix the reserved 1/4 cup chicken broth with the 1 teaspoon corn starch and add to the shrimp, spinach mixture on the stove. This will thicken the sauce. Continue to cook over low heat for another 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Salt to taste.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links