Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
- 1 cup shortening (softened)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour (sifted)
- 2 cups quick rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream shortening, sugars, eggs and flavorings together in a large bowl; beat well.
- Add oats, stir in well and let stand.
- While oats are resting, sift together the flour and baking soda. *
- Add dry ingredients to oat mixture; mix well.
- Drop by heaping teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Do not over bake.
* Option: For a chrunchier cookie, mix 1/2 cup chopped almonds into the dry ingredients.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links