Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
Orange Chicken with Wild Rice
* Water and chicken bullion base can be replaced with an equal amount of canned chicken broth
- 2 large chicken breast cut in strips
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cup water*
- 2 teaspoon chicken bullion base*
- 2/3 – 1 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 green onions chopped
This recipe serves 4-6
- In a large skillet place the olive oil and butter. When the butter is melted place the chicken strips in and cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken to a plate.
- Pour the water into the buttery-oil and add in the bullion base (or broth). Add in corn starch and stir with a whisk.
- Add in the orange marmalade and stir until well mixed and lightly boiling. (Taste the sauce, if you want it sweeter add in a little more orange marmalade)
- Place cooked chicken in the sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for about another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with a side dish of wild rice mix and a green vegetable. Sprinkle the chopped green onions over the chicken before serving.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links