Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
Penne Pasta Casserole
This is worth making, even if you don't have any left-over spaghetti sauce.
- 2+ Cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 Pound ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1-2 Cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1/2 Medium sized onion - chopped
- 1/2 Cup finely grated asiago cheese
- 1 Cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 Cups cooked Penne Pasta
To freeze: Tightly wrap in plastic wrap and place in a zip freezer bag.
- Cook the ground beef over medium heat with 1/4 cup water until crumbly and no longer pink. Drain the fat and set aside.
Note: If the left-over spaghetti sauce already has meat in it - skip the meat portion of this recipe unless you want more meat.
- On top of the stove - medium heat - in a medium sized pan heat heat the olive oil. Add the chopped garlic and onions sauteing until soft. Add in the leftover spaghetti sauce and cooked meat. It is not necessary to bring to a boil. Just stir the ingredients and remove from heat. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Prepare the casserole dish by spraying the bottom with a spray oil. Next begin to layer in the order of meat, penne pasta, mozzarella cheese, asiago cheese.
- Repeat a second layer finishing out the casserole with a layer of the 2 cheeses that completely covers the top.
To reheat follow the directions below for oven baking or microwaving. Allow the casserole to defrost before 'baking'.
Oven baking: Heat the casseroles (uncovered) in a 375° oven for about 10-15 minutes until the top is bubbly - careful not to over bake.
This recipe will make 1 large or 2 small casseroles.
Microwave: Place the casserole (covered) in the microwave for approximately 10 minutes on 50% power; and then for 4-5 minutes on high. Adjust time based on your oven wattage to get the desired temperature.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links