Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast marinaded (see recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 4 cups plus 1 tablespoon oil (divided)
- 2 tablsepoons corn starch
- 3 dried chili peppers
- 2 garlic cloves chopped (see recipe for Seasoning sauce)
- 2 green onions sliced to one-half inch pieces
- Slice chicken into 1/4 inch thick pieces across the grain and marinade for 30 minutes in a bowl (recipe below)
- Roast the sesame seeds in a non-stick skillet until the white ones turn light brown. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a heavy, deep pan to 375 degrees. Sprinkle the corn starch over the chicken, mixing well. Deep fry half of the chicken until golden brown. Remove cooked chicken to paper towel to drain.
- Fry remaining half of chicken. Place all chicken in a heat proof container to keep warm.
- In a wok or clean deep skillet, heat the one tablespoon of oil. Add chilis and garlic, stirring for a few seconds.
- Add chicken and pour in Seasoning Sauce. Reduce heat to medium, stirring until liquid is almost gone. Add green onions and remove to serving platter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Note: Before beginning to cook the chicken have the Seasoning Sauce ready and set aside for use.
Marinade: In small bowl combine - 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper, and one (1) tablespoon each: cornstarch, soy sauce, dry sherry and water. Mix well and set aside to use.
Seasoning Sauce: Mix together 1/4 cup each: sugar and soy sauce with two (2) tablespoons water.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links