Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
Shrimp Queso Wraps
- Cooked shrimp (4-5 per wrap)
- 8 oz of Pepper Jack Cheese (for spicy) or Monterey Jack Cheese (for mild)
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 small bell pepper
- 1 can (4oz) of mushrooms
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- Garlic powder (optional)
- The shrimp can be pre-cooked from the store or if using raw shrimp, peel and clean and then saute in about a tablespoon of oil until pink. Set shrimp aside.
- In a non-stick skillet heat the oil and add in the onions and bell pepper (chopped bite size). Cook these over medium heat until they are just beginning to get soft.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook until tender. Pour off any excess liquid from the mushrooms.
- Add wine and continue to cook for another 2-4 minutes un-covered. You want most of the wine to evaporate.
- Add a dash of garlic powder (optional).
- Slice the cheese and lay it on top of the veggies, cover and continue cooking over a low heat stirring occasionally so that the cheese melts and everything gets mixed up together.
- Once the cheese has melted, spoon into warmed tortillas along with 4-5 cooked shrimp, roll and eat . . . or you can put the whole cheese thing into a casserole dish and bake or broil on high to get a bubbly, crusty top to serve on the table with tortillas.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links