Bookmark This Page
Mail to Friend|
Stir-Fried Chicken with Lo Mein Noodles
- 3/4 Cup chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons bourbon (or water)
- 1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons each - sugar and soy sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Pound boneless chicken breasts cut in strips
- 10 Ounces uncooked lo mein noodles (or fettuccine)
- 2 Teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 Cup small broccoli florets
- 1/2 Cup each - thinly sliced carrots and green onion
- 1 Package (8 ounces) each - crimini mushrooms that have been quartered, and sugar snap peas
- Combine broth, bourbon, oyster sauce, sugar, soy sauce and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine 1/4 cup of broth mixture with chicken in a bowl. Reserve remaining broth mixture.
- Prepare noodles per package directions without salt, drain and set aside keeping them warm.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet until hot. Add chicken mixture and stir fry for 5 minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in pan until hot. Add brocoli, carrot, green onions, mushrooms and peas. Stir fry for 5 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Add chicken and reserved broth mixture to veggie pan. Cover & cook over medium heat 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve over noodles
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links