Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
Sugar Free Homemade Blackberry Cobbler
- 4 Cups Blackberries
- 1 Cup Splenda®
- 1 Teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1 Pillsbury Pie Crust (unbaked)
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Put the blackberries in a large bowl. If you are using fresh berries be sure they are washed and clean. To the blackberries add the lemon juice, Splenda® and corn starch.
- Fold these 3 ingredients gently together so as to not break apart the berries. The pour berry mixture into a deep dish pie pan or quart size casserole. Spread the filling out evenly.
- Unroll the pie crust and place it on top of the berries making sure it extends all the way to the edge. You can then either fold under the excess crust or trim it off.
- If you are baking the cobbler in a pie pan, cover the edges with foil to prevent them from burning.
- To get a nice golden color to the crust brush it with egg wash or melted butter before baking.
- Cut a few slits in the crust to allow the steam to escape. Place cobbler on a cookie sheet (helps in clean-up if juice boils over) and bake for about 30-45 minutes. Since oven temperatures may vary check on the cobbler after the first 25 minutes and about every 3-5 minutes thereafter for doneness
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links