Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (16 oz) red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 cup salsa of choice
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning of choice
- Tortilla chips
- 6 cups bite-sized lettuce of choice
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1-1/4 cups shredded 'Mexican' 4-cheeses or Cheddar
- 1 avocado cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium-size green pepper cut into bite-sized pieces (optional)
- /13 cup ripe olives (optional)
- 1/3 cup snipped cilantro (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions or chives (optional)
- Tortilla chips of choice
Makes about 6 servings.
- Cook meat and garlic in large skillet until done, then drain.
- Stir in kidney beans, salsa, taco seasoning. Bring to slow boil, reduce heat, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and chill in refrigerator
- In large bowl combine lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, avocado, pepper, olives, cilantro, and green onions.
- Add the chilled meat and bean mixture to the bowl with salad.
- Lightly toss until combined
- Serve on plate with tortilla chips
- Option: Serve with extra salsa, jalepenos or sour cream.
Note: Make this recipe low-fat by using low-fat cheese and turkey instead of beef.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links