Bookmark This Page
Return Home PageMail to Friend
Turkey Pot Pie
Make this dish low fat by using no fat broth, evaporated skim milk not cream, corn starch not flour and breast meat.
Turkey Mixture Ingredients:
- 2-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 medium-sized carrots chopped/shredded (coarse)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1-3/4 cup cream or milk
- 3 cups cooked, chopped turkey meat
- 1 cup frozen green peas (thawed)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pastry Crust: 1 recipe for top
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2-quart casserole dish with oil or use butter.
- In medium sauce pan combine 2 cups of the broth, celery, onions and carrots. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender (4-5 minutes)
- In small bowl combine remaining 1/4 cup broth and cornstarch until smooth. Stir the mixture into the vegetables, stirring continuously. Then add cream/milk.
- Cook while stirring over medium heat until boiling. Reduce heat and continue cooking for one more minute. Add in turkey, peas, parsley and sage.
- Pour mixture into oiled casserole.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
For All Your Cooking Needs
- Cake Pans
- Cake Decorating
- Utensils & Gadgets
- Party Supplies
- Helpful Links